Recipe by Elcowgirl
We LOVE cabbage rolls, sadly, I don't always have the time to make them the way Grandma always made them. This is the next best thing to them without all the work of making individual cabbage rolls.
Top Review by oct1794
This was great! They tasted just like the regular recipe but without all the fuss! Even the kids asked for more & they usually turn their noses up to cabbage! We only used half the head, so next time we'll use all of it. Excellent recipe! Thanks!
- 1⁄2 lb hamburger
- 1⁄2 lb pork
- 1⁄3 cup rice, uncooked
- 10 ounces tomato soup
- 10 ounces water
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Chop cabbage into large pieces.
- Put one layer into greased baking dish.
- You can use just hamburger if you prefer. Brown meat and onion.
- Add salt and pepper if desired.
- Mix rice into meat.
- Put meat mixture on top of cabbage layer.
- Mix the soup and water together and then pour on the top.
- Bake at 350F for at least 1 hour.