Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
We LOVE cabbage rolls, sadly, I don't always have the time to make them the way Grandma always made them. This is the next best thing to them without all the work of making individual cabbage rolls.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Chop cabbage into large pieces.
- Put one layer into greased baking dish.
- You can use just hamburger if you prefer. Brown meat and onion.
- Add salt and pepper if desired.
- Mix rice into meat.
- Put meat mixture on top of cabbage layer.
- Mix the soup and water together and then pour on the top.
- Bake at 350F for at least 1 hour.
Wonderful, used all lean hamburger, doubled the recipe, added some garlic and used tomato juice in place of the soup omitting the water, put it in the crockpot and let it cook all day on low, served with mashed potatoes. Thanks will be making this again.
well i made this finally,,LOL.. I was extreamly disapointed!! The directions stated to put meat and rice mixture on top of the cabbage,,,Yeah well the rice wasent cooked, So I had no choice but to turn it into a cabbage soup. URGH IM SO MAD..I do not recommend this recipe at all, Sorry FOR THE NEGETIVE FEEDBACK.
This was great! They tasted just like the regular recipe but without all the fuss! Even the kids asked for more & they usually turn their noses up to cabbage! We only used half the head, so next time we'll use all of it. Excellent recipe! Thanks!