5 hrs 15 mins
Alan in SW Florida's Note:
You don't have to be lazy, just pressed for time, to enjoy this flavorful, easy-to-throw-together one dish meal. But, on a lazy Saturday in the middle of winter, this smells wonderful while its cooking and sure hits the spot at suppertime, served with some fresh bread and butter. This recipe has been around a long time and has been used by buzy moms (and lazy bachelors) everywhere.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs stewing beef
- 4 large carrots, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 (18 1/2 ounce) can tomato soup (such as Progresso Hearty Tomato Soup)
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 2 small onions, thinly sliced
- 1 cup red wine, divided
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen peas
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced and sauteed in butter
- 1Preheat oven to 275 degrees.
- 2Grease a large casserole dish. Put in beef, carrots, soup, bay leaf, potatoes, onions and 1/2 cup red wine. Cover tightly with aluminum foil and bake for 4 hours.
- 3Remove cover and stir in peas, mushrooms and the rest of the red wine. Cook for 1 hour longer.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lazy Man's Beef Stew
Serving Size: 1 (824 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 964.6
- Calories from Fat 405
- Total Fat 45.0 g
- Saturated Fat 18.2 g
- Cholesterol 151.9 mg
- Sodium 996.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 77.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.9 g
- Sugars 21.5 g
- Protein 53.0 g