Recipe by Olha
These are fast, fun and terrific if you love perogies, but have neither the time or knowledge to make real ones.
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose white flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
POTATO AND ONION
- 3 -4 large potatoes, COOKED and DICED
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, add more as needed
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine egg, water, flour and salt to make dough mixture.
- This will be like a batter.
- Boil 4 cups salted water.
- Drop teaspoonful of dough into water, and boil 5 minutes.
- This makes little balls.
- I like to put dough on wooden board and scoop out teaspoon of dough.
- Fry onion in butter or margarine, until soft and golden.
- Add potatoes to onion in pan.
- Stir to mix.
- Add dough balls until butter is absorbed.
- Serve with sour cream.
- I like to put this mixture into a casserole and sprinkle about 1 cup or so grated sharp cheddar cheese and put under broiler until melted. I like the chewy texture of the cheese on top.
- Wheatland Bounty.