Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
I can never find the write lettuce and its too hard for my kids to wrap and eat so I created this version - which is really a Lettuce Wrap Salad - instead.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 cup mushroom, chopped
- 12 leaves lettuce, chopped (I used Romaine or Iceberg)
Stir Fry Sauce
- 3 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sherry wine
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sirachi chili paste (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon water (I often forget to add this and it tastes fine)
- Mix Stir Fry Sauce and set aside.
- Mix Salad Dressing - You don't have to add Sirachi or Dijon mustard but we like the taste.
- Brown ground beef. Drain oil off as necessary. I don't do this with lean ground beef.
- Add onions, garlic, red pepper and mushrooms to ground beef and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add Stir Fry Sauce and cook for 2-3 minutes until warmed and evenly distributed.
- To Serve: place chopped lettuce in your bowl. Top with cooked ground beef mixture. Add Salad Dressing as much or little as you like. Mix together and eat. Would be good over rice but we are trying to eat more greens!