Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Lazy because there's little effort in preparing this... Especially delicious on salads with berries or tropical fruits. From a vision on a busy Easter morning.
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon dried lavender blossoms, slightly crushed to release flavor
- 1⁄2 teaspoon orange zest, grated
- 1⁄4 cup fresh orange juice (honey tangerine juice is also good)
- 2 tablespoons champagne vinegar or 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil or 2 tablespoons grapeseed oil
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 tablespoon honey, softened
- In small non-reactive bowl using an immersion blender, puree ingredients until smooth. (Salad dressing can also be prepared using a standard blender.) For best results, prepare at least 1 hour in advance to allow dressing to marinate.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve. Adjust seasoning if necessary. Whisk well before pouring.