Recipe by Artboy34
This recipe came off the back of a package of Mueller's Egg Noodles sometime in the 60s or 70s. It was a real time-saver, as well as a tasty dish to throw together for a potluck or church supper. Some of the ingredient sizes have been adjusted to present-day packaging, but the ingredients are the same as the original recipe.
- 12 ounces broad egg noodles
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 16 ounces ricotta cheese or 16 ounces cottage cheese
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 (26 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Cook noodles according to package directions and drain.
- While noodles are cooking, brown ground beef and drain. Stir in spaghetti sauce and set aside.
- Mix cooked noodles with ricotta/cottage, mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses.
- In a 2 quart casserole, spread 1 cup of sauce on bottom of pan to cover.
- Spread half the noodle mixture in the dish, covered with half the sauce.
- Layer the remaining half of the noodle mixture, covered with the remaining half of the sauce.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes until bubbling.