Prep 45 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a simplified version of lasagna, yet it has an authentic taste; better by far if made the day before or at least early in the morning, and then baked just before serving. I used ground beef, as posted but I'm sure that some other ground meat would work in it's own way.
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package Lawry's spaghetti sauce mix
- 2 (16 ounce) cans tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 1⁄3 cups grated parmesan cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) package lasagna noodles
- 2 (6 ounce) packagessliced mozzarella cheese
- In Dutch oven or large saucepan, brown meat in salt.
- Add spaghetti sauce mix, tomatoes, tomato sauce, basil and a 1/3 cup of Parmesan cheese.
- Simmer 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile cook lasagne noodles just until tender.
- In 9x11-inch casserole, layer meat sauce, noodles, and Mozzarella cheese. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Repeat layers, saving enough meat sauce to pour over top layer.
- Bake in 300-325 degree oven for 20 minutes.