Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Lazily delicious summer treat that freezes well. You can split the recipe easily and modify the sauce amounts. Kids could help make this:) I also think that it kind of fun to make this, then see who can figure out first how it is made.:)
- 19 ice cream sandwiches
- 12 ounces frozen whipped topping, defrosted
- 1 (11 3/4 ounce) jar chocolate fudge topping
- 1⁄2 cup caramel sauce
- 1 cup salted peanuts
- Cut one ice cream sandwich in half.
- Place one whole and one half sandwich along a short side of 9X13" pan.
- Arrange eight sandwiches in opposite direction in the pan.
- Spread with half of the whipped topping, half of the sauces, and half of the peanuts.
- Repeat with remaining sandwiches, whipped topping, sauces, and peanuts. (Pan will be full.).
- Cover and freeze for up to two months. Remove from the freezer 20 minutes before serving.
This was good. My youngest enjoyed making it. We followed the recipe as written other then I crushed my peanuts and added them to the top. Everyone enjoyed this put thought it could have used some more ice cream. (they didn't think the ice cream sandwiches added enough of ice cream). Nice treat.