Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
I threw this together one morning when I needed to get rid of some leftover ham but didn't have any real cheese or potatoes. It was awesome - my husband and boys ate from it all day and into the night. They didn't even want me to cook dinner - they just kept eating this.
- 6 cups water
- 2 cups milk
- ham, cut in chunks,whatever you have on hand
- 1⁄2 cup parsley flakes
- 1⁄2 package Velveeta cheese (or generic substitute)
- potato flakes (the fake mashed potato stuff)
- 1 cup sour cream
- salt and pepper
- Put water, salt,pepper and ham (just use whatever you have left over- amount doesn't really matter) in a large dutch oven and simmer for about an hour.
- Add milk, parsley and enough potato flakes to make a soup just less than thick enough to suit you (it will thicken a little more as it cooks).
- Add velveeta and simmer and stir til melted.
- Stir in sour cream and serve.
This is good, a simple easy recipe. Great way to use up left over ham and keep it to a simple dinner
I made this in the crock pot. Was pretty easy. I was a little nervous, but it tasted awesome! Big hit with the family. I added 2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese instead of velveeta and used a package of instant roasted garlic potato mix for the potato flakes. Added the sour cream about 45 minutes before serving to dissolve. Thanks!
Loved it creamy and satisfying and so easy! Didn't make any changes perfect the way it is! Thanks for sharing