Recipe by Bogey'sMom
I threw this together one morning when I needed to get rid of some leftover ham but didn't have any real cheese or potatoes. It was awesome - my husband and boys ate from it all day and into the night. They didn't even want me to cook dinner - they just kept eating this.
- 6 cups water
- 2 cups milk
- ham, cut in chunks,whatever you have on hand
- 1⁄2 cup parsley flakes
- 1⁄2 package Velveeta cheese (or generic substitute)
- potato flakes (the fake mashed potato stuff)
- 1 cup sour cream
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Put water, salt,pepper and ham (just use whatever you have left over- amount doesn't really matter) in a large dutch oven and simmer for about an hour.
- Add milk, parsley and enough potato flakes to make a soup just less than thick enough to suit you (it will thicken a little more as it cooks).
- Add velveeta and simmer and stir til melted.
- Stir in sour cream and serve.