1/2 Photos of Lazy Grilled Chicken
Bone Man's Note:
I had a friend call me one evening to request a chicken grilling recipe for the following day. Off the top of my head, I quickly mentally evaluated the key ingredients of a good marinade, and knowing how lazy this guy was, I just told him to go buy some cheap Italian Salad Dressing, marinate the chicken overnight, and then grill it. He called me the next evening with a big WOW! So I did the same thing (and have done so many times since) and it makes for some really great grilled chicken. I sort of tweaked it later with the mustard but it's fine without it. Prep time includes marinating time. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Poke the chicken parts with a fork, 3 or 4 times for each piece.
- 2Pour the Italian Dressing (blended with the mustard if using) over the chicken in a non-reactive bowl and allow to marinate overnight, turning it at least once.
- 3Grill the chicken pieces on a gas or charcoal grill using indirect heat for about 45 minutes. Check a thigh with a fork -- it should be tender and not pink near the bone when done.
- 4NOTE: You can generate indirect heat in a charcoal grill by laying a throw-away aluminum pan over the coals or, by moving the coals to one side of the grill.
Browse Our Top Whole Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Whole Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lazy Grilled Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (910 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2102.9
- Calories from Fat 1532
- Total Fat 170.2 g
- Saturated Fat 40.4 g
- Cholesterol 487.6 mg
- Sodium 4205.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 18.8 g
- Protein 115.3 g