Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipes comes from Vancouver's author/chef/catering and restaurant owner Susan Mendelson. She had a money back guarantee if you did not like these brownies!!!
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup cocoa
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- In a large bowl, sift flour and baking powder. Set aside.
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter. Add the white sugar, brown sugar and cocoa. Blend well.
- Beat in 1 egg at a time. Add flour and blend well. Add vanilla and walnuts, mixing well.
- Pour into prepared 9 x 13 pan. Bake for 30 minutes. Centre will be firm but not hard.
Delicious! It comes out a little greasy, so maybe scale back slightly on butter, and I used dark chocolate cocoa powder which was just the right amount of bitterness to balance all that sugar.
I don't normally try recipes that haven't been rated, but this one sounded good to me. I'm so glad I made this one! The brownies are delicious! Everyone loves them. Now... off for my 3rd piece. :~) Thanks for sharing!!