Recipe by Abby Girl
This recipes comes from Vancouver's author/chef/catering and restaurant owner Susan Mendelson. She had a money back guarantee if you did not like these brownies!!!
Top Review by DrPookie
Delicious! It comes out a little greasy, so maybe scale back slightly on butter, and I used dark chocolate cocoa powder which was just the right amount of bitterness to balance all that sugar.
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup cocoa
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, sift flour and baking powder. Set aside.
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter. Add the white sugar, brown sugar and cocoa. Blend well.
- Beat in 1 egg at a time. Add flour and blend well. Add vanilla and walnuts, mixing well.
- Pour into prepared 9 x 13 pan. Bake for 30 minutes. Centre will be firm but not hard.