Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a quick and easy dinner that can be frozen ahead in batches either cooked or raw.
- 2 -3 lbs chicken pieces (legs, thighs and breasts)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄4 cup white vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce (low sodium works well)
- 4 garlic cloves, minced1 tsp garlic powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Mix sugar, vinegar, soy sauce, garlic and pepper in a skillet.
- Add chicken and simmer covered until chicken is cooked through and tender. About 30-45 minutes.
- Serve over rice and enjoy.
- **If making this to freeze, put the ingredients from step one into a ziploc bag and mix well. Add chicken and freeze. When ready to cook, dump frozen ingredients into a pan and simmer on low to med heat until cooked through. It will take a little longer to cook this way but it is still a quick and easy.
This is really good. I cooked 5 chicken quarters in an electic skillet, and tripled the sauce - what can I say, we love sauces. It smells wonderful while it is cooking. I did have to add a little more water. Thanks for posting.
This was very good & very quick & easy. thanks!