Recipe by Debbb
This recipe is much easier & quicker to make than the traditional version. The marshmallows not only give the popcorn balls a different flavour but make them chewy, too. I call them "goblin" popcorn balls because I did them up for the Trick or Treaters this year - wrapped them in green plastic wrap & tied with gold ribbon.
Top Review by Connie Lea
Yummy and so easy to make. I didn't use the M & M's as I didn't have any, but would be good with them, I'm sure. I melted the butter, brown sugar and marshmallows (used large) in the microwave. It only took a few minutes. I stirred every 30 seconds.
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 (250 g) bag mini marshmallows
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 12 cups air-popped popcorn
- 1 cup M&M's plain chocolate candy
Directions See How It's Made
- Measure popcorn into large bowl.
- Set aside.
- Melt butter in pot over low heat.
- Add brown sugar and stir until dissolved in butter.
- Add marshmallows and stir until melted.
- Pour over popcorn and mix until evenly coated.
- Add M&Ms and mix again.
- Butter hands and, working quickly, form into balls.
- When cool, wrap individually in plastic wrap.