This recipe is much easier & quicker to make than the traditional version. The marshmallows not only give the popcorn balls a different flavour but make them chewy, too. I call them "goblin" popcorn balls because I did them up for the Trick or Treaters this year - wrapped them in green plastic wrap & tied with gold ribbon.
- Measure popcorn into large bowl.
- Set aside.
- Melt butter in pot over low heat.
- Add brown sugar and stir until dissolved in butter.
- Add marshmallows and stir until melted.
- Pour over popcorn and mix until evenly coated.
- Add M&Ms and mix again.
- Butter hands and, working quickly, form into balls.
- When cool, wrap individually in plastic wrap.