Recipe by Mel T
I came up with this recipe just by looking at some items I had on hand. It's a very creamy pasta dish that's fairly similar to a Carbonara, but doesn't use eggs. My dinner guest and I thought it was great, but you be the judge! The recipe makes two generous servings.
- 1⁄2 lb spaghetti
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 500 g mushrooms, sliced (I used cremini)
- 3 slices extra-lean ham, cut into small pieces
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons onion-flavoured cream cheese dip (Philadelphia brand)
Directions See How It's Made
- Put large pot of water to boil; add salt and pasta.
- Meanwhile, saute mushrooms in olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Add ham pieces and heat through.
- Keep mushroom/ham mixture warm while pasta cooks.
- When pasta is al dente, reserve 1/4 cup of pasta water and drain rest.
- Add butter and mushroom mixture to pasta pot.
- Stir in pasta and cream cheese dip; to thin the "sauce," add the pasta cooking water.
- Mix well and serve immediately.