Mel T's Note:
I came up with this recipe just by looking at some items I had on hand. It's a very creamy pasta dish that's fairly similar to a Carbonara, but doesn't use eggs. My dinner guest and I thought it was great, but you be the judge! The recipe makes two generous servings.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Put large pot of water to boil; add salt and pasta.
- 2Meanwhile, saute mushrooms in olive oil over medium-high heat.
- 3Add ham pieces and heat through.
- 4Keep mushroom/ham mixture warm while pasta cooks.
- 5When pasta is al dente, reserve 1/4 cup of pasta water and drain rest.
- 6Add butter and mushroom mixture to pasta pot.
- 7Stir in pasta and cream cheese dip; to thin the "sauce," add the pasta cooking water.
- 8Mix well and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lazy Girl's Pasta Alla Carbonara With Mushrooms (eggless)
Serving Size: 1 (307 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 685.8
- Calories from Fat 223
- Total Fat 24.8 g
- Saturated Fat 10.5 g
- Cholesterol 52.5 mg
- Sodium 488.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 91.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.4 g
- Sugars 4.9 g
- Protein 25.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
cream cheese dip