Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I make this all the time and take it to Potlucks at church. People love this so I'm always taking my dish home empty. When I make this with peaches I add about 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon. You can also make this with self-rising flour but you have to leave out the baking powder and salt.
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 cup plain flour
- 2 cups sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 4 cups dew berries or 4 cups blackberries or 4 cups fruit, of your choice
- Melt butter in a 13x9-inch pan.
- In a bowl combine flour, one cup of the sugar, baking powder and salt, and 1 cup milk.
- Pour the contents of the bowl in 9x13-inch pan but do not stir.
- Combine the four cups of berries and one cup of sugar in a sauce pan and heat to boiling.
- Put this on top of batter but do not stir.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 30 minutes or until browned on top.