Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a creamy, cheesy risotto with a hint of garlic. I call it lazy because it takes much less time than an authentic risotto. It may be lazy, but it tastes just as yummy!
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Saute onion and garlic until tender but not translucent.
- Add rice to saucepan, cooking and stirring for two minutes.
- Slowly stir in water and bouillon granules and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes. (Note: Do not lift cover while simmering, as you want to contain steam and heat to cook properly.).
- Remove pan from heat. Rice should be tender but slightly firm, and mixture should be creamy. Stir in parmesan and serve.
Tasty rice dish, I was a little worried because of the method, but it turned out fine in the end with the parmesan cheese making it more creamy. I added half a glass of white wine before the water step, I did also finish the way I usually do a risotto- with a squirt of lemon juice and a knob of butter. Next time I'd like to use aborio or risotto rice as it would improve the texture. But it was a great lazy risotto! Thanks!