Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
My family loves fruit, but they would let in sit in the fridge and rot, rather than peel or slice it themselves! When I have fruit around for over a week, I try to make this fruit salad and leave it right in the middle shelf of the refrigerator with a large ladle in it...where they can all see and eat something healthy without too much work on their part!
- 1 pint fresh strawberries
- 3 apples (I use someting tart)
- 3 oranges (I use navel)
- 1 jar maraschino cherry
- 1 can mandarin orange
- Have a large bowl ready to put everything in!
- Hull strawberries and slice into bite size pieces.
- Peel apples and chop into bite size cubes.
- Cut oranges in half and cut out segments with a sharp knife.
- Squeeze juices from remains into bowl.
- Add the cherries and mandarin oranges, with juices.
- Stir until combined, cover and refrigerate.
- Serve when well chilled.
Dynamite fruit salad, Karen! The way the fresh orange combines with the cherries and strawberries is so sweet and refreshing. My teenaged son was pleasantly surprised after the first bite and proclaimed it "a good mix of fruits." I now have the leftovers in a bowl in the fridge for easy access. Roxygirl
My DD gives this "thumbs up". Made a batch for her to take to work for a mid-afternoon snack. Thanks for the idea to get fruit in the diet.
We loved this simple-to-make fruit salad and we will be having it often. Thanks for posting this delicious recipe.