Recipe by Happy Harry #2
This goes back to my days at the University. Between work, school, husband and kids, I needed fast and tasty meals. The Irish reference was because it was originally made with corned beef and cabbage. It got changed because the kids would not eat the cabbage.
- 1 (12 ounce) can corned beef, cubed
- 1 (1 lb) can peas and pearl onions, drained
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) packet chicken gravy mix
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dill weed, dried
- 1⁄2 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- packaged instant mashed potatoes
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine corned beef with the peas and onions in a 11/2 quart casserole.
- Prepare gravy mix according to packet directions. Add dillweed and stir into meat mixture.
- Prepare potatoes according to package making enough for 4 servings.
- Top beef-vegetable mixture with a ring of potatoes.
- Bake at 375 for 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle cheese on top and bake another 5 minutes or until cheese has melted.