Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
I usually enjoy chopping up stuff for dinner and find it to be therapeutic. But every now and then I just don't wanna do it. This recipe is great for "those" kinds of nights. (P.S. I make and freeze my own super-lean meatballs using my ground beef + TVP mixture [see Ground Beef + Tvp = Lots O' Meat] and Kittencal's meatball recipe [Kittencal's Italian Melt-In-Your-Mouth Meatballs] so I always have some on hand.)
- 4 cups beef broth
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 0.5 (6 ounce) can tomato paste (freeze the other half)
- 0.5 (12 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen mixed vegetables (I like one called asparagus stir fry)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 3⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons instant minced onion
- fresh ground black pepper and kosher salt
- 10 meatballs
- Mix everything together in a stock pot.
- Heat to a boiling and then let simmer until heated through.