Recipe by Kitty Kat Cook
Old recipe, I know there are others posted but this one is a little different, most of the spices called for should be in your spice cabinet.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box white cake mix or 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 3 large eggs
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons molasses or 2 tablespoons corn syrup
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon powdered ginger
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F, prepare a 9" or 10" springform pan.
- Combine all the cake ingredients in a large bowl, and mix on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 30 to 35 minutes.
- Prepare the frosting while the cake is baking.
- Combine all the frosting ingredients in a large saucepan and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until the butter is melted.
- As soon as the cake comes out of the oven, pour the warm topping over the surface of the cake and spread evenly.
- Broil the cake for 3-4 minutes or until the topping is lightly browned.
- Remove the cake from the oven and allow it to cool. Remove the sides of the springform pan and slide the cake into a serving plate.