Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 hrs
This will cook merrily away while you go shopping or take a nap. It's also good if you have the flu and can't face the kitchen.
- 1 lb lean hamburger
- 2 large carrots, sliced lengthwise and cut into chunks
- 1 celery rib, sliced
- 1 can tomato soup
- 1⁄2 can water
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 2 medium potatoes, cut into chunks
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 can green beans
- 1 (6 ounce) can mushrooms
- Grease a casserole dish.
- Put into it crumbled burger, carrots, celery, soup, water, spices, potatoes, onion, green beans and mushrooms.
- Cover and bake at 275 degrees for 4 hours, adding a litle more water if necessary.
Quick and easy recipe to put together. However, I didn't really care for the taste. But that's just me as my two guys liked it so much that they requested the leftovers for their lunch the next day. I added black pepper, garlic powder, and a bit of crushed chilies to suit my family's taste.