Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 1 hr 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
A simple lasagna for those busy days. Cook it ahead of time and just pull it out of the freezer. This makes three lasagnas.
- Assembly Directions:.
- In a large bowl, mix cheeses, eggs, parsley, onion powder, basil, and pepper until well blended; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix together spaghetti sauce and cooked ground beef.
- Line a 12x8x2 inch baking dish with heavy foil.
- Spread 3/4 cup of the meat sauce on the bottom of the baking dish.
- Layer 3 uncooked noodles and top with meat sauce.
- Spread with 1/2 of the cottage cheese mixture and 1-1/2 cups meat sauce.
- Layer 3 more noodles on top of meat sauce.
- Spread with remaining cottage cheese mixture.
- Top with remaining 3 uncooked noodles and remaining meat sauce.
- Pour water around the edges.
- Freezing and Cooking Directions:.
- Place foil lined baking dish in freezer. freeze until firm enough to remove from baking dish. Cover completely with another layer of heavy foil, then place in a gallon sized freezer bag and lable.
- Repeat process with other two lasagnas.
- To Serve: Place frozen foil wrapped lasagna back into baking dish originally used.
- Thaw and bake covered at 375 degrees for 45 minutes.
- Uncover and bake an additional 15 minutes.
- Let stand 10 minutes.
- Serve with parmesan cheese.
- To bake from the frozen stage, and 30 minutes to total baking time.
This was great. I served it with spaghetti and a salad. Made for Make My Recipe and New Kids on the Block.
This was very good and incredibly easy. I used ricotta cheese for the cottage cheese as I prefer it. I didn't understand the 4 cups of water but did when we ate it. You must add the water or else the noodles will soak up all the sauce. I will do that next time although even with my mistake, it was very tasty. Super easy clean up, too.