Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
Easy, tasty, basic lasagna recipe. I have been making this for years with slight variations to the recipe depending on what I have on hand, and on how much time I want to spend. Sometimes I add browned ground beef or Italian sausage to the sauce. Sometimes I use ricotta cheese instead of cottage. My husband, who loves Italian food, finds this to be his favorite lasagne. Passive cooking time includes boiling the noodles, baking the lasagne and letting it stand.
- 6 ounces lasagna noodles
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can pasta sauce with meat
- 1 cup cream-style cottage cheese
- 1 (6 ounce) packagesliced mozzarella cheese
- parmesan cheese
- Boil the noodles in salted water following package directions; drain.
- Stir oregano into the spaghetti sauce.
- Grease a 10x6x1-1/2 baking dish, (I use Pam).
- Make layers in order using half of each ingredient; noodles, cottage cheese, mozzarella cheese, and spaghetti sauce.
- Sprinkle top with parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 30 minutes.
- Let stand about 10 minutes before serving.
This really is a fast, basic recipe that could lend itself to several thousand little yummy deviations...like the leftover sausage I had that I sprinkled over the sauce. I never boil my lasagne noodles - no need to (any you don't have to buy the 'special' ones, regular noodles work just fine. Just add a little more liquid - milk in my case - to rehydrate the noodles as they bake). My kids thought this was very good. It may not replace my fussy lasagne, but for the ease of preparation and good taste, I'll make this again.
I would agree with evelyn's comments. This is a very good lasagna when you want something that is easy & fast to get on the table. I couldn't find the cream style cottage cheese, but have used regular cottage cheese with success before & did so again tonight.