Prep 30 mins
Cook 55 mins
When preparing lasagna for the freezer there's no need to precook the noodles.
- 12 ounces lasagna noodles, uncooked
- 5 -6 cups spaghetti sauce
- 2 cups cream-style cottage cheese or 2 cups ricotta cheese
- 12 ounces mozzarella cheese (sliced or grated)
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- In two greased 10x6x2-inch baking dishes, make layers in the following order: half each noodles, cottage cheese, Mozzarella slices, spaghetti sauce, and sprinkled Parmesan cheese.
- Make certain the dry noodles are completely covered by sauce.
- Wrap pans completely with foil; label and freeze.
- (To make this meal incredibly rich, add one 8-ounce package cream cheese.
- Pinch off nickel-sized portions of cream cheese and plop evenly over lasagna just before adding the second layer of uncooked pasta.)
- To Serve: To thaw, take meal from freezer at least 24 hours before serving.
- Place in refrigerator.
- Bake tightly covered at 350 degrees for about 45 minutes, or until edges are bubbly and center is hot.
- Take cover off during final 10 minutes of cooking time.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
this recipe was delicious... actually i didn't freeze the two dishes. I made one 9x13 size pan of lasagna. Also, I layered the lasagna in the morning, then refrigerated until time to pop it in the oven that evening and the pasta was tender. no need to pre cook it. I did add a layer of seasoned/browned ground round to satisfy my family.
This was easy to make and handy to have in the freezer ready to just bake. I will have to learn to cut it down into four serving sizes though. It was to much just for my husband and I. I also added ground beef to mine. It tasted really good.
I made this for a potluck simply without cottage cheese for the children. It was so easy and everyone loved it!