Recipe by Beth Davis
This is a quick and easy dish resembling Lasagna for those who don't want to make the time consuming real thing. Everyone loves it in my house and the leftovers are better the next day.
Top Review by Julie F
This recipe couldn't be any more simple. I was running short on pasta so was glad to find this variation using egg noodles. I substituted "Smart Ground" - imitation ground beef. It worked very well. Also used Mexican blend instead of the cheddar. I increased the cottage cheese a little bit too, so it covered the bottom layer. I will definitely keep this recipe around the next time I need a yummy, quick meal!
- 1 (12 ounce) package wide egg noodles
- 1 (32 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 1 (12 ounce) container cottage cheese
- 1⁄2 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 lb Italian sausage
- cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook ground beef and sausage until browned.
- Add spaghetti sauce and simmer a few minutes.
- Meanwhile cook noodles according to package directions.
- When noodles are done, drain and add to sauce mixture and mix well.
- Pour half of the sauce and noodle mixture into a 12x9 glass baking dish.
- Add cottage cheese and spread across mixture.
- Add the remaining sauce mixture and top with cheddar cheese. Bake in a 350 degree over @ 20 to 25 minutes or until cheese is melted.