This recipe uses cherries, but I've used blackberries with good results. This is about the simplest cobbler recipe that you will find.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place butter in a 9" x 9" dish.
- Place dish in oven to melt.
- Beat together till smooth, 1 C sugar, flour, baking powder, salt and milk.
- Pour over melted butter, but DO NOT STIR!
- Empty can of undrained cherries over batter.
- Sprinkle 1/2 C sugar over cherries.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Batter will rise to the top.
Absolutely delicious & sooo easy!!! It was gone before it even cooled off!! I'll be making this often!!
This is a delicious dessert. Quick and easy too! Thaks so much Mystergirl this is a terrific recipe!
A wonderfull contrast of flavors and textures! Tart cherries and sauce topped with a buttery light crumbly cake with a sugary crunchy crust. This recipe is so easy and quick, keep a can of cherries in your cupboard and you can whip this up any time. I served this warm with vanila ice cream. Thanks Mysterygirl, this is one of those "secret" recipes you can pull out of your cupboard anytime you need a special desert.