Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
An easy casserole using Spam from the Spam website.
- 10 ounces frozen spinach
- 8 ounces egg noodles
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 1⁄3 cups milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sour cream
- 12 ounces Spam, cut into strips
- 10 ounces frozen peas, thawed (or frozen mixed vegetables)
- 1 pinch paprika
- Cook spinach according to package directions; drain well.
- Spread spinach over bottom of lightly greased 13x9-inch baking dish.
- Cook noodles according to package directions; drain.
- While noodles are cooking melt butter in medium saucepan; blend in flour until smooth.
- Add milk, salt, and pepper; cook and stir over medium heat until mixture thickens and boils.
- Stir a little hot mixture into sour cream; return to pan.
- Add SPAM® and peas or mixed vegetables.
- Combine sauce and noodles; pour over spinach.
- Sprinkle with paprika.
- Cover and bake in 375°F oven 20 minutes.
- Uncover and bake 20 minutes longer.
Made half of this recipe (it makes quite a lot) for DH's dad and his friend for lunch. His dad saw this recipe with Spam that I had laying on the sink and said "that sounds good...I haven't had Spam for a long time". Perfect, I made it and stole a bite before taking it over to him. I did sprinkle some garlic salt over the spinach (I used fresh and zapped it in the micro for a few minutes) and added some grated cheese on top with paprika sprinkled on top of that. Tasted pretty good (anyway the bite I stole.) Definately will try this again just for DH and I. Made for SPRING PAC 2010.