Recipe by Kzim4
I just found this recipe in a Quick Cooking cookbook. It was sent in by Lillian Marcotte. Looks delicious!
Top Review by Amber of AZ
I have made this exact same recipe before. I subscribe to Quick Cooking. It is a nice, moist, flavorful cake that is very simple and fast to prepare. This recipe would be great to take along to a potluck, card party, or even Easter Sunday dinner.
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, softened
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups flaked coconut
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 5 tablespoons whipping cream
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Beat in egg and vanilla.
- Combine flour, baking powder, and salt in a separate bowl; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk.
- Pour into a greased 8-inch square baking pan, Bake at 350°F for 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Meanwhile, combine all topping ingredients.
- Spread over warm cake.
- Broil 3-5 inches from heat for 3-5 minutes or until golden brown.