Lazy Day Braised Pot Roast
- Place roast in the slow cooker; sprinkle with the salt and pepper.
- Add the carrots, potatoes, onion, and bay leaves.
- Pour the water and vinegar over the meat/vegetables.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6-8 hours.
- Transfer the meat and vegetables to a heated platter; cover with foil.
- Turn the cooker to HIGH; you will have about 3 full cups of liquid.
- In a small bowl, mash together the butter with the flour; add to the hot liquid in the cooker and stir with a whisk until melted and the liquid thickens.
- Ladle gravy over the meat and vegetables and serve the remainder in a bowl.