1/2 Photos of Lazy Day BLT Sandwich
This recipe was born from a lazy snowy day and not wanting to stand over a stove for lunch. What makes this sandwich different from others is the process in which its made. Hope you'll enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 slices Texas toast thick bread or 8 slices white bread or 8 slices whole wheat bread
- 1/4 cup melted salted butter, plus
- 1 pinch kosher salt, if desired
- 1 lb bacon, 4 to 6 slices per person
- brown sugar
- kosher salt
- black pepper
- 1 head lettuce, torn into seperate leaves
- 2 -3 beefsteak tomatoes, sliced
- mayonnaise (optional)
- 1Lay strips of uncooked bacon over a sheet pan fitted with a rack. This will allow the bacon fat to drip off onto the sheet pan and cause the bacon to crisp when baked.
- 2Lightly sprinkle some fresh ground black pepper and brown sugar over the uncooked bacon. Add some kosher salt depending on how salty you like your bacon.
- 3Place the bacon in a cold oven and then set the oven temp to 400 degrees and bake for about 10 to 15 minutes depending on how crispy you like it and thickness of the bacon. (I start checking on it around the 7 minute mark)
- 4Move the cooked bacon to a plate covered in paper towels to drain.
- 5Brush on the melted butter on one side of the bread and grill buttered side till golden brown.
- 6Add bacon, tomatoes, lettuce and mayo to grilled bread slices, pop open a beer and enjoy!
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lazy Day BLT Sandwich
Serving Size: 1 (340 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 805.7
- Calories from Fat 583
- Total Fat 64.8 g
- Saturated Fat 24.7 g
- Cholesterol 107.6 mg
- Sodium 1500.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 4.9 g
- Protein 19.6 g