Recipe by VivianNP
Face it...sometimes you do not feel like cooking but your family still feels like eating. Here is a healthy easy recipe that will feed the whole family. It may save your family from fast food the next time you are feeling lazy. It is a spicy, tasty alternative to pizza or burgers. It is also a great quick "homemade" soup to whip up for a pot-luck.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 (12 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 small jalapeno pepper
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 4 (16 ounce) cans black beans
- 1 cup hot water
- 3 tablespoons cilantro, fresh, chopped (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Pour the oil into a large dutch oven or soup pot. Add the diced onions and carrots. Cover and cook on medium until onions are translucent and the carrots are soft.
- While the onions and carrots are cooking, pour tomato sauce, one can of black beans and the liquid only from the other 3 cans of black beans into a blender. Add the jalapeno pepper, garlic cloves and chili powder. Blend on high until smooth.
- Add the blended black bean mixture and the beans from the other three cans to the soup pot. Pour the one cup of hot water into the blender. Swish around to clean out all the bean mixture from the blender. Pour into the soup pot. Stir together all the contents of the soup pot. Cook until boiling lightly. Then turn the heat on low and simmer for about 10 minutes.