Recipe by Bokenpop aka Madeleine
I don't like butter frosting and so I look for different ways to top cakes. This is super quick and super delicious!
Top Review by mdlevering28
I had this recipe many years ago and have looked in all by books for it. I am so grateful to see it on Recipe Zaar. Thanks for putting my mind at ease. This is the easiest and most delicious cake! Mary
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 6 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup coconut
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 3 tablespoons butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat sugar, eggs and vanilla extract together till creamy.
- Mix in the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Melt butter in milk and add to batter.
- Bake at 350°F for 20 minutes.
- Melt together the topping ingredients and pour over hot cake as it comes out of oven.
- Place under grill until golden brown.