Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 7 mins
Cook 25 mins
I don't like butter frosting and so I look for different ways to top cakes. This is super quick and super delicious!
- Beat sugar, eggs and vanilla extract together till creamy.
- Mix in the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Melt butter in milk and add to batter.
- Bake at 350°F for 20 minutes.
- Melt together the topping ingredients and pour over hot cake as it comes out of oven.
- Place under grill until golden brown.
I had this recipe many years ago and have looked in all by books for it. I am so grateful to see it on Recipe Zaar. Thanks for putting my mind at ease. This is the easiest and most delicious cake! Mary
I really enjoyed this recipe, and it was really easy to make. For the frosting I used desiccated coconut, becuase I wasn't sure if the coconut should be whole or not.