Recipe by Tykayles
Yummy cake hot right out of the oven with ice cream! C'est un bon gâteau blanc aux coconuts!
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup hot milk
- 5 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1⁄2 cup shredded coconut
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt.
- Beat eggs till thick & white.
- Add sugar gradually beating constantly.
- Add vanilla.
- Fold flour mixture into egg mixture.
- Heat milk and butter, add to cake mixture and mix quickly.
- Bake in greased 9x9 cake pan at 350°F for 30 minutes.
- Melt butter from icing ingredients and add the brown sugar, milk and coconut.
- Spread onto cooked cake and place under broiler til bubbly and golden brown.
- Serve hot with ice cream!