Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 1 (18 ounce) box yellow cake mix (can use sugar free to make diabetic frieindly!)
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg white
- 5 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 (12 ounce) package semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Spread in a greased 9x13 glass dish.
- Use wet hands to spread this out evenly, batter will be THICK!
- Bake at 350 for 20 minute.
- Allow pan tyo cool on top of stove for 1 hour.
- Cut with a pizza cutter into squares.
- Great served with a dollop of vanilla ice cream, but this is one bar that can stand on its own.
I made these for my SO and myself on 5/2/13, and I'm sorry this recipe wasn't reviewed until now. Except for using semi-sweet mini chocolate chips,the recipe was made exactly as it was written. The fist day and a half the bars were very moist and chewy,but after they started to get a bit dry and crumbly in texture. So, if these are made again I'll find a way to give them a bit more moisture. Thanks for taking the time to post and, " Keep Smiling :) "
My 4yr old was able to make with a little help. They turned out great. Baking time was a little short, otherwise fine.