Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
Pioneer Woman's chiles rellenos casserole. I doubled the cheese from the original recipe. :)
- 1 (27 ounce) can green chilies, whole
- 3 cups monterey jack cheese, Grated
- 5 large eggs
- 2 cups whole milk
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Mix together eggs, milk, salt, pepper, paprika and cayenne.
- Cut chilies in half and add a single layer of chilies on the bottom of a 9 x 13-inch baking dish.
- Top chilies with half the grated cheese.
- Repeat with another layer of chilies and another layer of cheese.
- Pour egg mixture all over the top.
- Place into a larger baking dish or rimmed baking sheet. Pour in 1/2 inch of water and bake for 35 to 45 minutes, or until completely set.
- Cut into squares and serve with warm corn tortillas!