Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
An adaptation of #50876 because I had 15 min to prep.
Make and share this Lazy Chicken Cordon Bleu recipe from Food.com.
- 4 (4 ounce) chicken breasts, boneless, skinless, not too thick
- 8 slices swiss cheese (or whatever you like but it should be 2 per breast)
- 4 slices ham, I used Virginia, use whatever type makes you happy
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup breadcrumbs, I use unseasoned
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt, I usually eyeball it
- 1 teaspoon butter, melted, optional (I think it will make the coating less dry)
- Preheat oven to 350. Line a baking sheet with a silicon liner or whatever you like to use.
- Rinse and pat dry breasts. Layout breast, 1 slice of cheese, 1 slice of ham, then roll from larger end towards pointy end and close with one toothpick. Set aside until all chicken is done up to this point.
- In a small dish or bowl, slightly beat an egg and set aside.
- In another small dish or bowl, mix together breadcrumbs, seasoned salt and butter.
- Dip rolled up chicken in egg, then breadcrumb mixture and place on baking sheet - repeat with rest of chicken.
- Lay one slice of cheese over each coated chicken breast.
- Bake approx 20 min, use a thermometer to measure internal temp to be safe.
Delicious chicken, for sure! I used large breasts so definitely had to pound 'em down a bit! Also used breadcrumbs that I made from a nutty, whole grain bread that we enjoy so much, & the resulting meal was delightful! Followed your recipe, except that I, too, used slices of honey baked ham from the deli! Many thanks for this great keeper of a recipe! [Made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in this Spring's round of Pick A Chef]
This was delicious and was very easy to make. I did however, put deli ham instead of the regular virginia ham. I put the chicken after it was cooked in homemade bread and my husband took it from his lunch and he loved it. Thank you for sharing. Chef#220151