Prep 20 mins
Cook 3 hrs
What could be better on a hot summer's day than a soup that does not need any cooking! All that is needed is a little chopping and blending, followed by an hour or so of chilling. Be sure to use well ripened fruit for this recipe.
- 4 passion fruit, halved
- 1 1⁄2 ripe mangoes, diced
- 1 inch fresh ginger, grated
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup or 2 tablespoons corn syrup
- 1 1⁄4 cups fresh orange juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1 piece galia melons, diced (small wedge)
- 1⁄4 avocado, cut into 1/4 inch dice
- 1 tomatoes, peeled,seeded and chopped
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 2 red chilies, seeded and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 pinch cayenne
- 2 limes, juice and zest of
- Scoop out the seeds from the passion fruit into a bowl.
- Add 1 mango and ginger, cover, and let marinate for 1 hour at room temperature.
- Meanwhile, for the salsa, blend together the remaining mango, galia melon, avacado, tomato, onion, chili's, cilantro, cayenne and zest and juice of limes into a bowl; set aside.
- Place the passion fruit, mango and ginger in a blender or food processor and add the maple syrup and orange juice.
- Blend to a fine puree, then strain through a fine strainer or sieve into a bowl.
- Cover and chill for 2 hours in the refrigerator.
- To serve, add the salsa mix to the blended soup, sprinkle with a little cracked black pepper and server in individual, well-chilled bowls.