Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Easy "all in one meal" that delivers real comfort food.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (14 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1⁄2 quart sauerkraut
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can tomato soup
- 1 small onion (chopped)
- 2 garlic cloves (crushed)
- 4 cups cooked white rice
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Add oil in large pan.
- Brown Beef with 1/2 of the Onions and season with Salt & Pepper.
- In small oiled roaster, layer 2 cups Rice, 1/2 of Beef, 1/2 of the Sauerkraut, then another layer with remaining Rice and then the remainder of the Beef, topped off with remaining Kraut.
- Pour on top the Crushed Tomatoes and Canned Soup.
- Spread the soup evenly across the top.
- Sprinkle the remaining Onions and Garlic.
- Cover and put in 350 F oven for 1/2 hour.
- Ready to serve!
This was a really nice quick meal. When I first tasted it I just thought "hmmm tomato soup" but its a real grower and the more you eat the more you want! My son, whos nearly 2, enjoyed it too. Definitely one for a busy weekday meal. Thanks :o)