1 hr 5 mins
Easy and yummy lazy cabbage rolls.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Turn oven on to 375°F to preheat.
- 2Cook rice according to package directions.
- 3When cooked place in very large bowl; set aside.
- 4Chop bacon and fry in pan until crispy.
- 5Add bacon and its fat to the large bowl of rice.
- 6Cook chopped onion, in same pan bacon was fried in, until translucent.
- 7Add to large bowl of rice.
- 8Fry ground beef in same pan.
- 9Add to large bowl of rice and other ingredients.
- 10Add as much salt and pepper to liking. **I like lots of pepper.
- 11I usually shake enough pepper on top of the mixture until it’s well covered.
- 12Stir until well mixed.
- 13In a 9x13 pan baking or roasting pan place the rice mixture.
- 14Pack down, not to tightly.
- 15Next, place chopped or shredded cabbage on to mixture.
- 16In the large bowl used for the rice mixture pour the tomato soup and its equivalent of water.
- 17Now add the brown sugar.
- 18Stir until blended.
- 19Pour soup over rice mixture and cabbage.
- 20Cover pan with tin foil.
- 21Place in oven until cabbage is tender.
- 22Approximately 45 minutes (depends on heat strength of oven).
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lazy Cabbage Rolls
Serving Size: 1 (325 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 835.0
- Calories from Fat 180
- Total Fat 20.0 g
- Saturated Fat 7.1 g
- Cholesterol 56.1 mg
- Sodium 922.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 133.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 15.1 g
- Protein 27.2 g