Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
My family loves this. I got this recipe during a cooking/sewing class and have made it ever since!
- 1 lb lean ground beef (i just use regular)
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (10 ounce) can tomato soup
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- Put 1/2 of the shredded cabbage in greased casserole dish.
- brown hamburger and onion, pour off grease.
- Add rice,soup,water, and seasonings to hamburger mixture.
- Put 1/2 mixture on top of cabbage in casserole dish.
- Repeat with remaining cabbage and beef mixture.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees, top with cheese and bake for another 25-30 minutes.
Tried it tonight. It was a little bland, make sure you season well. Next time I will add some bacon to it like when I make cabbage rolls. The family did enjoy!
This cabbage roll casserole is so easy to do. I used a little more of chili pepper cause that was only for me and DH. It was great. Thanks chef :) Made for bargain basement tag game