- 1 lb pasta (bow ties, shells, elbow macaroni)
- 1⁄2 lb bacon, diced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 1 -2 clove garlic, minced
- 1 (28 ounce) can sauerkraut, drained and rinsed
- 2 (10 ounce) cans mushroom soup
- 1 -2 bay leaf
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Cook the pasta according to package directions, drain well.
- Fry bacon until crisp, drain on paper towels and set aside.
- Fry onion, garlic and mushrooms in the bacon fat until onion is slightly carmalized.
- Add the sauerkraut, soup and bay leaves to the onions and mushrooms and let the mixture simmer for approximately 10 minutes.
- Mix the pasta, bacon and sauerkraut mixture.
- Bake for 30 to 45 minutes uncovered, stirring a few times during baking.
- Remove bay leaves.