Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
I'm a lazy bachelor cook, but I prefer to actually cook my meals rather than go to restaurants or order something in. What I love in a recipe is 'ease of preparation and cooking' This recipe came from a girlfriend and I've always impressed guests when I serve it! It's very easy and tastes great!
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3⁄4 cup long grain rice
- 1 (40 g) package onion soup mix
- 1 (10 ounce) can mushroom soup
- 1 (10 ounce) cansliced mushroom stems and pieces
- 1 (10 ounce) can milk
- In a bowl, mix can of mushroom soup, onion soup mix, can of sliced mushrooms& stems (including the liquid contained in the mushroom& stems can), one can (10 oz.) of milk and the rice.
- Mix all the ingredients together well.
- In a greased casserole dish, pour half of the mixture into the dish.
- Place the chicken breasts on top of the mixture then pour the remaining mixture over the breasts.
- Cover the casserole and place in a pre-heated 375 degree oven.
- Bake for 1 hour, then uncover casserole and bake for an additional 15 minutes.
- Serve with your favorite steamed veggies.
I made this for dinner last night for hubby and I. It turned out great. I have to say that I DO NOT like mushrooms, but I often cook with cream of mushroom soup. I left out the canned mushrooms and only used the cream of mushroom soup, and it was still great. (I think it would be just as moist and delightful with cream of chicken soup). No where in the directions does it say when or where to add the rice, so I left it out. I baked it for 45 minutes, covered, then uncovered and sprinkled the top with shredded cheddar cheese (just because I felt like it), and baked another 20 minutes. I make a similar recipe, so I knew this would be good. (DO NOT over-bake the chicken... use a thermometer). I served peas and mashed potatoes on the side. Thank you for posting your recipe. (Made for "My 3 Chefs"... rice theme)