Recipe by ShoeDiva
I can't help but to find a quick and easy way (if I can) to make certain dishes, I have a tendency to be impatient, especially when I'm CRAVING something.
- 1 (8 ounce) package frozen spinach, thawed & drained
- 3 cups idaho potatoes, peeled & quartered
- 4 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 small yellow onion, minced
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon powdered ginger
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream (or 1/4 cup of milk & 1 tablespoon cornstarch)
Directions See How It's Made
- In microwave safe bowl add peeled potatoes, 1 teaspoons of curry powder, 1 teaspoon garlic powder, 1 teaspoon onion powder, 1 1/2 teaspoons dried thyme, 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt.
- Coat potatoes with spices, and cover with saran wrap. Microwave until potatoes are soft (since microwaves vary upon wattage 7-9 minutes should do).
- I like to microwave the frozen spinach in the box that it comes in 7-9 minutes (thats if you forgot to thaw it out). In a doubled paper towel (if it's not Bounty you'll need 4) squeeze the water out from the spinach.
- In a saucepan add potatoes and the water that was made from being NUKED in the microwave, add heavy cream or the milk/cornstarch mixture. Add the diced onion and stir. Add drained spinach, 2 teaspoons curry powder, 1 teaspoon minced garlic, 1 teaspoon garlic powder, 1 teaspoon onion powder, 1 teaspoon dried thyme, 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper, 1 teaspoon powdered ginger, 1 teaspoon kosher salt and 1 teaspoon cumin. Stir & Simmer for 5 minutes.