Prep 40 mins
Cook 45 mins
This recipe is from the 'Thursday' magazine. It won 50 US dollars in the current contest. It was submitted by Sameena Qutub. I haven't yet tried it, but it sure looks good in the pic.
- 1200 g chicken
- 4 1⁄2 teaspoons hot sauce
- 4 1⁄2 tablespoons ginger-garlic paste
- 3⁄4 cup tomato ketchup
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 4 teaspoons plain yogurt
- 3 1⁄2 lemons, juice of, freshly squeezed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon saffron
- 10 -15 curry leaves
- 3 green chilies
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 cup water
- Cut the chicken into pieces, wash them and keep them in an open vessel so that all the pieces of the chicken touch the surface of the vessel.
- Apply ginger-garlic paste on the chicken and toss to coat it well with the paste.
- Add salt, lime juice, hot sauce, tomato ketchup and mix again.
- Add yogurt, chilli powder and vinegar.
- Mix again.
- Add food colour and mix.
- Heat oil in a skillet.
- Fry curry leaves and green chillies in it.
- Keep aside.
- When the oil is warm, add this oil to the chicken.
- Cook the chicken on high flame for 10 minutes.
- DO NOT cover the dish with a lid while chicken is cooking.
- Reduce the flame.
- Cook till the gravy reduces and oil starts leaving the sides of the vessel.
- Remove from flame.
- Allow standing time of 5 minutes.
- Transfer chicken to a serving dish.
- Garnish with fried curry leaves, green chillies, corriander leaves, sliced tomatoes and onion rings.
- Serve hot with rotis, parathas and/or rice.
This dish was so good my mouth was watering waiting for it to get cooked...Try it you won't regret it !!
I made this chicken for lunch this afternoon. It was fabulous! The aroma was wafting through the whole house. It was extremely tasty(my picky eater bro. told me that it was yummy!).