Gone Vegan!'s Note:
I created this recipe for a contest at my husband's work. It comes out very crispy and is an interesting change to the regular chicken tender breading. We love it. We're also soy and dairy free so the recipe includes coconut milk instead of regular milk--I think the coconut milk gives it a very nice flavor. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Grind or crush lays in a ziploc bag with a mallet or rolling pin, pour into a bowl with the breadcrumbs, set aside.
- 2Beat the egg with milk in a bowl, and set aside.
- 3Stir together the flour, onion and garlic powder, turmeric, salt and black pepper in a bowl. Set this aside also. (You're setting up a dredging station with three different shallow bowls—glass pie dishes work best).
- 4Dip the chicken pieces into the seasoned flour. Move around to coat well, shake off the excess flour.
- 5Dip into the egg/milk wash, coating well.
- 6Dip into the lays mixture, coating well.
- 7Set aside on plate to rest while heating oil.
- 8Heat oil in a large, heavy skillet to 325 degrees.
- 9Drop coated chicken tenders into hot oil and cook until golden brown and fully cooked, 3 to 5 minutes depending on size.
- 10Drain on wire mesh rack suspended over a cookie sheet.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lay's Crispy Chicken Tenders
Serving Size: 1 (177 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 513.1
- Calories from Fat 222
- Total Fat 24.7 g
- Saturated Fat 12.2 g
- Cholesterol 132.1 mg
- Sodium 641.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 38.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
baked potato chips