Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I created this recipe for a contest at my husband's work. It comes out very crispy and is an interesting change to the regular chicken tender breading. We love it. We're also soy and dairy free so the recipe includes coconut milk instead of regular milk--I think the coconut milk gives it a very nice flavor. Enjoy!
- Grind or crush lays in a ziploc bag with a mallet or rolling pin, pour into a bowl with the breadcrumbs, set aside.
- Beat the egg with milk in a bowl, and set aside.
- Stir together the flour, onion and garlic powder, turmeric, salt and black pepper in a bowl. Set this aside also. (You're setting up a dredging station with three different shallow bowls—glass pie dishes work best).
- Dip the chicken pieces into the seasoned flour. Move around to coat well, shake off the excess flour.
- Dip into the egg/milk wash, coating well.
- Dip into the lays mixture, coating well.
- Set aside on plate to rest while heating oil.
- Heat oil in a large, heavy skillet to 325 degrees.
- Drop coated chicken tenders into hot oil and cook until golden brown and fully cooked, 3 to 5 minutes depending on size.
- Drain on wire mesh rack suspended over a cookie sheet.