1/3 Photos of Layered Zucchini Lasagna(No Noodles!)
1 hr 20 mins
A great recipe from Cooking Light! Here's to zucchini! A great alternative to traditional lasagna!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 cups water
- 6 cups sliced zucchini (about 3 medium)
- 1 lb ground round (or use ground turkey, or meatless crumbles)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups reduced-fat spaghetti sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 cups fat-free cottage cheese (may use part ricotta or goat cheese)
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- cooking spray
- 1/2 cup dry breadcrumbs, divided
- 1 3/4 cups preshredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Bring water to a boil in a large saucepan. Add zucchini; cook 3 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and cool. Or you may grill or saute the zucchini if you wish.
- 3Place the ground beef(or turkey or crumbles) and garlic in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Cook until browned, stirring to break up meat. Stir in the spaghetti sauce, salt, basil, and oregano; cook for 1 minute. Remove from heat.
- 4Combine the cottage cheese, parsley, and eggs in a medium bowl.
- 5Arrange zucchini slices in a shallow 3-quart casserole coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle the zucchini with half of the breadcrumbs. Spread half of cottage cheese mixture over breadcrumbs; cover with half of the meat mixture and 1 cup mozzarella. Repeat the layers with the remaining breadcrumbs, cottage cheese mixture, and meat mixture; reserve the remaining mozzarella. Bake at 350°F for 40 minutes.
- 6Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella, and bake an additional 5 minutes or until cheese melts.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Layered Zucchini Lasagna(No Noodles!)
Serving Size: 1 (300 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 287.3
- Calories from Fat 152
- Total Fat 16.9 g
- Saturated Fat 7.9 g
- Cholesterol 96.8 mg
- Sodium 551.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 23.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
reduced-fat spaghetti sauce